Saturday 14 November 2015

Friday 13th





I've never been overly superstitious. Friday the 13th is one of the few things that has never scared me but tonight's events shake me to the core....and they are still unfolding.
Paris is under attack.....by who no one is saying. No conspiracy theories at all on any of the coverage I've seen so far on tv or online. 2 suicide attacks and  explosions at the Stade de France, shootings at a restaurant in the 11th arrendisement amongst others, 100 + hostages taken at the Bataclan in the 12rh. State of emergency across the country and borders being closed as I speak.
I spent a lot of time in Paris as a child, my Aunt lived in the 16th and close family friends in the 12th, I love Paris with all my heart, it is my home away from home, a piece of my heart will always live there so I am so saddened and sickened by these attacks. It's right up there with 9-11, The London bombings, Charlie Hebdo.
It's so utterly senseless, my heart and prayers go out to those involved, it Just brings it home yet again that you don't know what tomorrow will bring...or today even, be it terrorism, cancer or any sudden circumstances that can rock your world. 
 Be real. Tell those you love how you feel. Take a chance, even if you fail. 
There literally may not be a tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment