Saturday 13 June 2015

Happy Birthday Joanna x

There is just 18 months between my sister and I, me being the elder.
We went through years of hating each other as teenagers but now we are the very best of friends. 
We are intrinsically the same but very different people. 
We have the same history yet have travelled very different paths.
  
She is my rock, my voice of reason, my confidant, my liberation and so much more that I can not put in to words. 
I never laugh so hard as when I have her by my side. She is one of the constants in my life.

I know that she feels the burden of my selfish reliance and childish naivety sometimes and for that I feel guilty.
She is the strongest and most generous person that I know, absolutely unwavering with her kindness to myself and my children for which I am eternally grateful. 
Jo has seen me through our Fathers passing and my Breast Cancer and her support is unending.
She has quietly and patiently watched me suffer 25yrs years of abuse and sadness in an unhappy marriage waiting for me to find the strength to leave and then offered me a lifeline helping me to buy my home which is a debt I can never hope to repay. 
She helps me to be strong and to grow as a person and will always call me out when I'm being an idiot.

She is my older and wiser baby sister, the ying to my yang, the gin to my tonic, the Ant to my Dec and I love her more than words can say.
We go together like Birds of a Feather.

Happy Birthday baby sis
I love you xx








1 comment: